Private Breathwork Session (one hour)
The session lasts one hour and includes:
- Pre-session guided meditation
- A demonstration of the technique
- 30 minutes of guided breathing
- Post-session share, support, and talk (optional but recommended)
How to set up your space for the breathwork session (for online sessions)
NOTE: If it’s your first time doing a Live Online Breathwork Session, don’t wait until the time the session is scheduled to read these instructions. If you do, you’ll be late and miss important information you need to do the breathing technique correctly.
1. Download the Zoom app to your computer or device if you don’t already have it installed. Sign in to the class at least 20 minutes early (don’t wait until the last minute- you may have technical difficulties or experience trouble logging on).
2. Set up your computer so that it’s next to your space. Headphones are ideal if you’re alone. If you’re doing it with other people, I suggest connecting to speakers.
3. If this is your first time doing Breathwork, I suggest setting up the computer so I can see you from the waist up when you’re lying down. Have the light on in the room so I can see if you’re doing the breathing technique correctly. You can turn the camera off if you feel more comfortable. Also, if your internet connection is bad, turning the camera off may help.
5. Set up a yoga mat, blanket, or whatever you want to lie on.
6. An eye mask, eye pillow, or facecloth to cover your eyes is really helpful for a lot of people to help let go.
7. It’s ideal to do Breathwork when your stomach is not too full, so I suggest not eating anything at least two hours before the session if possible.
8. Show up fully for the session. The benefit and power of breathwork are proportionate to your level of commitment.